In collaboration with the National Customs Service of Chile, the WCO will host the third Global Origin Conference in Santiago, Chile, from 8 to 9 November 2023.
Regional integration continues to be a driving force for the Global Supply Chain, and rules of origin remain a prominent feature of today’s international trading system. In the context of the various regional trade agreements already in force or being negotiated around the world, rules of origin enable the implementation of preferential agreements and impact on the flows of trade and investments.
The Global Origin Conference will provide a platform for exchanging knowledge and forging new partnerships between the public sector, the private sector, International Organizations and academia in the area of origin.
The following areas will be addressed during this event:
- What are the challenges of navigating the rules of origin under several trade agreements and how to streamline the implementation and application of the AfCFTA rules of origin? And how about other trade agreements?
- What are the latest developments around the world? In the Americas: how is the role of rules of origin defined and redefined in regional integration on the North and South American continents? In Africa: AfCFTA? In Asia Pacific: RCEP?
- What drives the utilization of trade preferences? How to calculate utilization rates and monitor patterns of utilization to identify the factors that contribute to higher or lower utilization?
- How to build trust when implementing new trade agreements, systems and practices? How to better achieve good and trustworthy communication to support changing practices and new agreements? How to implement the approved exporters system based on Mutual recognition of Authorized Economic Operator (AEO)?
- How can digitalization contribute to making rules of origin more trade-friendly? How can data be exchanged, and how could origin connectivity contribute to strengthening regional integration?
- What is the nexus between rules of origin and the environment? Can Regional Trade Agreements provide green support? What role do rules of origin have in the green transition?
- What are the future prospects of rules of origin and how to expand global opportunities under Free Trade Agreements?
Furthermore, in the above context, the conference is anticipated to highlight newly launched or upcoming Free Trade Agreements (FTAs).
Join us in-perso n at the Global Conference on rules of origin and interact with the world’s leading Origin Experts from customs, international organizations, governments, the business community, and academia.
We look forward to your participation in this important event!
For further queries, please do not hesitate to contact: OriginConf23.email@example.com