The World Customs Organization has published the agenda for the annual PICARD Conference which will take place in Baku, Azerbaijan from 8-10 September 2015. The agenda can be accessed here [en], [fr], [ru], [es].
Less than a month remains until the conference — don’t miss your chance to register and participate! You can register at the PICARD Conference website.
Building on the success of previous PICARD Conferences, the Baku Agenda will be packed with addresses from leading researchers (Customs officers as well as academics) on cutting-edge Customs and international trade topics.
The agenda will also include keynote addresses by:
Dr. Finn Kydland (2004 Nobel Memorial Prize in Economics), University of California, Santa Barbara
Dr. Eric Maskin (2007 Nobel Memorial Prize in Economics), Harvard University
Dr. Mick Moore, CEO, International Centre for Tax and Development (ICTD), United Kingdom
Dr. Edward C. Prescott (2004 Nobel Memorial Prize in Economics), Australian National University
Presentations will be delivered on a variety of topics such as data measurement to counter fraud; informal trade; wildlife protection; protection of cultural property; incentivization of Customs officer practices; global value chains, revenue matters; Customs risk management; and e-commerce.
The Conference will welcome presentations from a broad spectrum of academic, governmental and private sector entities, including but not limited to:
- Agence Française de Développement (French Development Agency)Aix-Marseille University (France)
- Anti-Atlas of Borders
- Asian Development Bank
- Auvergne University – School of Economics (France)
- Birmingham Business School (United Kingdom)
- Cross-Border Research Association
- DHL Express
- French Institute for the Middle East
- International Network of Customs Universities (INCU)
- ITMO (St. Petersburg, Russia)
- Leuven Centre for Global Governance Studies (Belgium)
- Norwegian Police University College
- Shanghai Customs College
- University of Toronto (Canada)
- WCO Secretariat and representatives of Member Customs administrations
- WCO Regional Office for Capacity Building for East and Southern Africa
- World Bank Group
- Interpretation will be provided for most sessions in English, Russian, French and Spanish.
Should you have any questions or comments, please contact the PICARD Conference Organizing Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to seeing you in Baku in September!